April 28, 2018
04/29/2018 Visalia First: Bible-ish
By: Mike D. Robertson
Lead Pastors | Mike & Karen Robertson
“The Bible… a classic book, which people praise but don’t read.”
500 years ago it was illegal to carry a bible
Pope was able to change what was in the bible.
chuck burned wycliff for translating Greek to english
Martin Luther- Roman catholic priest. Translated NT to German
state still runs the church in switzerland.
Became illegal to be baptised asan adult. (Wherethe Baptist church originated’
1. 15.1557. Arrested Felix Mon z – for preaching Baptism. Manz
Those people died over one verse.
1. Are we Bible LESS?
Has the Bible changed anything in my life lately.
2.5million on Bibles and Christian materials
shortage is lack of appreciation
2. Are we Bible CONVICTED?
Islamic students memo rize the Karan
3. Are we Bible EXPERIENCED?
Can I say,”I am in the perfect will of God ?
Brings you wisdom you don’t have.
Helps you to not make as many
James 1:25 Blesse d in what you do.
Ps. 1:2-3. Prosper
2tim 2:15 Do your best to handle the word of truth
2Tim 3:15. Makes you wise
I John 5:13- We know we have internal life.
matt28:19. argument on getting baptised- Father son and Holy Spirit.
filled w/ power Acts 2:39
For my children and my childrens children
Psalm 1:2-3 NIV
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord , and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
2 Timothy 2:15 NIV
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 3:15 NIV
15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
1. 25 million copies of the Bible are sold each year.
2. The average American household owns 4.4 Bibles.
3. Only 12% of adults rate themselves as highly knowledgeable in the Bible.
4. Nearly 50% of Americans say they are too busy to read the Bible.
5. 33% of millenials admit never reading the Bible.
6. 19% of Americans say the Bible has too much influence in society.
7. 47% of Canadian youth have never been inside a church facility.
– The American Bible Society
Call to action: Read I, II, III John