Leadership Matters, By Lee J. Colan Ph.D (2012),
- A new product may get you in the game, but extraordinary teams will build the wall that keeps competion away.
- Inspiring leadership is linked to higher employee engagement and productivity
- Apprecistion is a fundamrntal need
- Showing appreciation takes priority and action
- Need to show 3 acts of appreciation for every negative act.
- Catch people doing something right
- Be specific and clear in showing others appreciation
- Say thank you
- Write a note or card
Ways that I can be intentional and mindfully appreciate people…
- Grade level.lunch. once per week, bring lunch to a grade level team.
- Print more thoughtful saying cards and mail them out …. we all need a 500 budget…
- Schedule things in…